Machine learning models can solve different kinds of problems. There are three types: binary classification models, multiclass classification models, and regression models.
- Binary classification models predict a binary outcome (one of two possible classes)
- “Is this email spam or not spam?”
- “Is this product a book or clothing?”
- Multiclass classification models generate predictions for one of more than two classes
- “Is this product a book, film, or clothing?”
- “Is this show a comedy, drama, or documentary series?”
- Regression models predict a numeric value
- “What will the temperature be in NYC tomorrow?”
- “What price will this car sell for?”
We call these model types. Aporia currently supports 3 model types: binary, multiclass and regression.